Style: MC / Lyricist / Vocalist
Real Name: Thalia Stewart
From: Temuka, Aotearoa
Listen / Buy
- Stepping out from small town New Zealand (Aotearoa) with a big style comes vocalist, lyricist and self-proclaimed multi-genre enthusiast Thalia a.k.a Stepa.
- Stepa’s original bag of snappy raps, spoken word and soulful vocals are flexible, introspective and occasionally quirky.
- Producers’ from New Zealand and around the globe provide Stepa’s varied soundscape, which spans both old and new-skool Hip-Hop, Dubstep, Drum and Bass, Future Garage, House, Trap and much more.
- 2013 marks a decade of development for the songstress, as her lifetime of poetry was first set to Acid-Pro written Hip-Hop beats back in 2003.
- This year Stepa will be pressed to vinyl, as the feature vocalist on ‘Set You Free’ a Dubstep single with heavyweight producer and Chestplate label owner, Distance.
- Stepa is a sound chameleon with an ever-expanding collection of tracks, an all-new live show and an E.P in the pipeline, so you can expect to see and hear a lot more from the Stepa Sound boudoir.
- Here’s what the sound community have been saying:
- “You’ve found your musical flow.” Optimus Gryme
- “Girl, you’re giving me shivers!” M.C Tali
- “The best thing about this track is I have never heard anything like it before.” Soulware’s Tsubliminal.
- “I love it when you switch from gritty rap to melody and back.” D.J Flex (NZ’s Dubclash Winner for 2011).
- “This is what everyone’s going to be listening to six months from now.” Cassette Number Nine’s Boomio.