Style: MC / Vocalist
From: Auckland, Aotearoa
Listen / Buy
- Imagine This, an MC, DJ and producer, began his music career under the alias MC Bling in 2002 with ‘Rudeboy’, a winning track in the Rhythm Nation competition. He then released ‘Beat to Beat’ on Sugarlicks in 2003. In the next couple of years he released two vinyl EPs and a cd single under Definite & Bling with Capitol Records. In 2005, Definite & Bling released the album Flavourism. The album hit #5 in NZ, and received multiple accolades.
- He has performed live on television shows such as Campbell Live, the TV3 News, Top of the Pops, Juice TV, MTV, Maori TV, and the Sports Café. He has provided support to internationally touring artists such as De La Soul, Jurassic 5, the Nextmen, DJ Craze, Mixmaster Mike, DMX and many more. After releasing a total of 3 records and 4 videos under MC Bling, he began his solo career in 2006, with releases charting nationally and receiving substantial radio play.
- His name change to Imagine This (I.T.) in 2010 is a reflection of his evolving style. Since then, he has racked up 12 international releases featuring his unique and highly versatile vocal style combined with original lyrics and dynamic flow. These tracks have climbed Bestsellers and Popular Downloads charts around the world. For example, ‘Get It Hot’ (2010) with Jolyon Petch and Rave Radio debuted at #13 on the Australian Aria DJ charts and received substantial radio play all around Australia, finishing up as #5 for 5 weeks on Radio Metro Gold Coast. More recently, ‘Pushin’ Forward’ (2012) with Funk Ferret on Boogie Boutique (UK), spent 45 days as the #1 Bestseller on Juno Records.
- I.T. can hardly be called one-dimensional. In addition to his participation in multiple highly praised collaborative ventures (Batucada Sound Machine and Black Art Sound System), as a DJ he broadcasts a regular show on BASE FM 107.3 and has established and performed at several highly successful club nights at multiple venues around Auckland, NZ. Imagine This DJs soul, hip hop and club bangers. He plays a body-rocking set that will move you through the night, from chilled-out grooves to full-on dancefloor mayhem.
- Look forward to hearing a lot more from and about Imagine This as he readies his first solo album for public release in the months to follow. This homegrown talent is going to go far!