Style: Hip Hop/Alternative Rap
Members: Eddie, Regal, Tyla, Ben, Ill Baz
From: Auckland, New Zealand
- Eddie Numbers Is made up of a number of personalities so the best way to describe this 5 piece Auckland Alternative Rap band is to explain to you who make up Eddie Numbers. But first a few quick details that belong in biographies.
- May this year saw Eddie Numbers release their debut album ‘Another Day in Paradise’
- Recorded locally and mixed and mastered in Turkey by Mike Neilsen more famous for his work with Jameriqui and Underworld, the album charted on both the ITunes and New Zealand top 40.
- Eddie Numbers are renowned for their energetic live show and their follow especially in Auckland is growing rapidly. Regularly filling up local bars and clubs as well as performing on big festivals such as R&V and supporting local heavy weights ShapeShifter , Tiki , David Dallas , HomeBrew as well as international Atmosphere Askills plus many more …..
- Eddie (Lyricist/Rapper): @EddieNumbersnz
Eddie is the bands front man, Lyrist, rapper, Manager. Respected by the underground for his ability to freestyle a M.C in the purest form. Born in London and brought up in up in Newton Central, Auckland. Eddie raps about what he knows, his surroundings, upbringing and personal experiences. Auckland’s social commentator and son of two “80s hasbeen punk musicians” is Eddie from Eddie Numbers not Eddie Numbers.
- Regal (Drums): @RegalDrums
The self proclaimed Musical director of the band / drummer / producer / all things awesome. This South African born multi instrumentalist takes care of the majority of the bands music. He also has the most impressive top fade and is the reason Rosé is in the rider.
- Tyla Pere aka Lady Killer (Vocals): @Tyla_Numbers
Thames born, Thames bred hairdresser, Tyla joined Eddie Numbers as the groups ‘pretty boy’ with a smooth voice. He also dates Eddie’s Sister (Much to Eddies disgust). Upon Tyla joining, the group became Thames’ most successful Hip Hop band ever.
- Ben Healy (Guitar): @BHealey89
Ben Healey on Guitar can also be found on Bass and Keys. This multi instrumentalist is by far the most talented member, winning New Zealand’s best Guitarist at the Emergenza competition 2008. From Taranaki, an unlikely member of a hip hop band considering the only time he listens to the genre is at Eddie Numbers Rehearsals and gigs.
- Ill_Baz (DJ): @ill_baz
Born in Gaza, Baz is the DJs youngest member. He’s like the Sid viscous of the band, he came to so many shows he ended up on stage and part of the band. Warming up crowds before Eddie Numbers take the stage, and ensuring the party continues after the set.
Baz all so runs a local Magazine called Distorted View…